back to 12 days of Peepsmas
PEEPS Tree Sugar Cookie Bars
Baking Christmas cookies is always more fun when you do it with your favorite “PEEPS”…and Betty Crocker! These PEEPS Tree Sugar Cookie Bars are perfect for parties or snacks.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons holiday sprinkles (confetti, nonpareils, jimmies)
- 1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker™ Whipped vanilla frosting
- 18 PEEPS brand marshmallow trees
- Additional holiday sprinkles and sparkling sugar, as desired
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13×9-inch pan with foil; spray bottom only with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix cookie mix, softened butter and egg with spoon until soft dough forms. Stir in 2 tablespoons holiday sprinkles; press dough in bottom of pan. Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
- Remove bars from pan using foil; spread frosting on top. Place 18 marshmallow trees on top of frosting, to make 6 rows by 3 rows. Add additional sprinkles or sparkling sugar to exposed frosting edges. Cut into 18 bars, wiping knife with paper towel between cuts.
- Sprinkle small amount of powdered sugar “snow” on tops of trees.