back to all recipes
PEEPS Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
- 1 standard size box spice cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping sauce
- Pinch of salt
- 24 PEEPS Marshmallow Pumpkins
- Extra caramel sauce for drizzling over frosting
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Place 24 cupcake liners in cupcake pans.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, eggs, oil, pumpkin and cinnamon. Once all ingredients are combined, mix on medium speed for two minutes.
- Fill cupcake liners with batter approximately 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 17-22 minutes or until tops spring back lightly when touched.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack. Allow to cool completely prior to frosting.
- BEAT cream cheese, butter, caramel and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended.
- Gradually beat in sugar. Blend in salt. Spread or pipe onto cupcakes. Optional, garnish with a drizzle of caramel sauce and pinch of sea salt.Top with PEEPS Marshmallow Pumpkins just prior to serving.
- STORE cupcakes in refrigerator.