Peeps Pool Cake
- Assorted PEEPS Marshmallow shapes
- 1 pkg. MIKE AND IKE Assorted Fruit Flavored Jelly Beans (optional)
- 1 pkg. MIKE AND IKE TANGY TWISTER Jelly Beans (optional)
- 2 boxes vanilla cake mix (see packages for additional ingredients)
- 2 containers white frosting
- 1 box (3 oz.) berry blue gelatin
- ¾ cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- Ice cubes
- Taffy or rolled fruit snacks
- Graham crackers
- Miniature decorations (optional)
- Prepare each box of cake mix according to package directions for a 9” x 13” cake. Bake as directed or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer cakes to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in ¾ cup boiling water.
- Pour ½ cup cold water into a 2-cup measuring cup; add enough ice cubes to measure 1 ¼ cups.
- Add to gelatin; stir until slightly thickened. Discard any remaining ice.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until soft-set.
- Entirely frost one cake.
Using the second cake, create the pool area as follows:
- Using a kitchen knife, cut a 1” deep 4” x 8” rectangle into the middle of the cake.
- Using a spatula, carefully lift the rectangle piece out of the cake and eat or discard.
- Place cake with pool area cut out on top of the frosted cake.
- Slowly pour the gelatin into the cut out rectangular shape. Before gelatin sets completely, place PEEPS® Marshmallow shapes into pool to create the appearance of the shapes swimming.
- Frost the top and sides of the cake. (If desired, decorate sides of cake with MIKE AND IKE® Jelly Beans).
- Create a scene on the cake with miniature decorations. If desired, put a dollop of frosting on small pieces of graham crackers, taffy or rolled fruit snacks and firmly press PEEPS® Marshmallow shapes onto them to create the appearance of the shapes laying on towels. Use your imagination to create a fun pool party scene.
Note: Not all color variations of the PEEPS Marshmallow Bunnies and Marshmallow Chicks shown in this recipe image may be available.