Peeps Orange Sweet Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (plain, vanilla, or even an orange flavor)
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 Orange Delight PEEPS Chicks
- 1 tbsp butter (in addition to 1/2 cup listed above)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grated orange zest (about six oranges)
- 1 tbsp orange extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray two loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixer, combine butter, oil, Greek yogurt and sugar until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- In a small pan, over medium heat, melt Orange Delight Peeps Chicks and 1 tablespoon butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and continue stirring to help cool. Add to the butter, oil, Greek yogurt and sugar mixture. Mix well to combine, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing on low after each egg. Add in orange zest and orange extract and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add half of the dry mixture to the butter and sugar mixture, and stir until just combined. Add orange juice, vanilla and 1/2 of the buttermilk to the mixture and stir until just combined. Add the remaining dry mixture, stirring until just combined, followed by the remaining buttermilk, stirring until just combined.
- Divide the batter between both loaf pans. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes to one hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool
- If desired you can make a glaze of 3 cups powdered sugar and 3-5 tablespoons orange juice to drizzle over the top of your loaves. Just mix the two together in a bowl until you get the consistency t you want. More liquid to make it thinner, more powdered sugar to make it thicker. I like to add a few drops of vanilla and a sprinkle of salt to give the flavor a bit more depth. It works best to pour the glaze on while the bread is still warm.
- Serve with Orange Delight PEEPS Chicks as garnish.
Note: Makes two standard (9×5) loaves. Recipe may be halved.