back to all recipes
PEEPS Caramel Apple Crisp
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (instant or old fashioned)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 2 quarts apples, approximately 6-8 large apples, peeled and cubed
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Caramel sauce or caramel ice cream topping
- 16 PEEPS Caramel Apple Flavored Chicks
- Vanilla Ice Cream (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture has a crumbly texture. Set aside.
- Grease the sides and bottom of a 13×9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- Place chopped and peeled apples into a large bowl. Drizzle lemon juice over apples and stir to combine. Sprinkle sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch mixture over apples and stir to combine well.
- Pour apple mixture into prepared pan. Top with crumb mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Place each serving in a bowl and top with caramel sauce, a PEEPS Caramel Apple Flavored Chick and a scoop of ice cream if desired.
- Serve and enjoy. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator, and reheat individual servings if desired.