WHICH SIDE ARE YOU ON?
back to all recipes
Easter Basket Cake
- 1 pkg. (5 ct.) PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks
- 14 oz. MIKE AND IKE® Jelly Beans
- 1 standard box cake mix (see package for additional ingredients)
- 2 containers of vanilla frosting
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 oz. green food coloring
- 1/3 cup water
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for making two 8” round cakes. Bake cakes and let cool.
- To layer, place one cake on a plate and top with vanilla frosting. Place second cake on top of first. Lightly frost entire cake.
- Chill cake in refrigerator for one hour. Add a second coating of frosting. Using a large serving fork, create vertical and horizontal lines to make a basket-weave design in frosting on side of cake.]
- Spread coconut shavings onto a tray. Mix 20 drops of green food coloring with 1/3 cup water in a spray bottle. Spray green color onto coconut shavings or add drops directly onto coconut and mix well with hand.
- Place coconut on top of cake. Place PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks and MIKE AND IKE® Jelly Beans on top of coconut to create an Easter scene.