back to all recipes
Dark Chocolate Peeps Cookie Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Marshmallow Ghost Peeps
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the dark chocolate chips. With the mixer on low, beat the melted chocolate into the butter/sugar batter until smooth.
- Gradually add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt until just combined.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into large golf sized balls and drop onto a baking sheet. Bake for 16 minutes.
- To assemble the sandwiches, make sure your cookies have completely cooled. Then take one and flip it upside down so that the the flat end is facing up. Put a Peep on top and place in microwave for 6-7 seconds (10 seconds is too long!). Remove from the microwave and use another cookie to smash the marshmallow in between.