back to all recipes
Cocoa & Cream S’mores Bars
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ⅓ cups flour
- ¾ cup of graham cracker crumbs (about 5-6 sheets of graham crackers)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 (1.5-ounce) milk chocolate bars
- Hot Cocoa & Cream Marshmallow Fluff
- 14 PEEPS White Fudge Dipped Hot Chocolate Flavored Chicks
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- To make the marshmallow fluff, chop up the chicks and place them in a heavy bottomed saucepan with corn syrup over low heat. Stir frequently until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat. HINT: Greases a bowl then scrape the warm fluff into the bowl and allow it to cool. The greased bowl will allow the fluff to slip out when ready to use, without sticking to the sides.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil so that the edge of the foil hangs over the side to use as handles.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to butter mixture, and beat until combined. Your dough should resemble chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Turn the baking pan upside down and place a piece of waxed paper on top. Press half of the dough onto the waxed paper, using the bottom of the pan as a guide for the size. Set aside. Turn pan back over.
- Press the other half of the dough evenly in the bottom of the pan. Spread marshmallow cream over the dough, but don’t go all the way to the edge.
- Take the preformed dough that you set aside earlier and invert onto the top of the chocolate and peel away the waxed paper. Spread gently to the edges if needed. Do not tuck the dough into the edges of the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (mine was 27). Cool completely before cutting into squares.