Kitchen Tools Needed:
1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
2. Spray springform pan with non-stick cooking spray and pour brownie mix into pan.
3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Cool completely in springform pan.
5. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes.
6. Beat in sour cream and eggs.
7. Add vanilla and almond extracts.
8. Pour cheesecake mixture over cooled brownie crust in springform pan.
9. Using a fork, gently swirl raspberry jam or preserves into cheesecake batter.
10. Place cheesecake in middle of oven. |
11. Fill a large oven-safe pan with hot water and place on rack underneath cheesecake. (This will keep the oven moisture high and help to prevent cracking on the surface of the cheesecake.)
12. Bake cheesecake at 325° for 1 hour 25 minutes or until cheesecake top is firm but mixture still jiggles slightly when gently shaken.
13. Turn off oven but leave cheesecake in closed oven for 20 minutes to cool down slowly.
14. When cheesecake is still slightly warm, remove from oven and place PEEPS® Milk Chocolate Covered Raspberry Flavored Marshmallow Hearts evenly around the base of the cheesecake, firmly pressing each piece into the cheesecake until it sticks. In the same manner, place one PEEPS® Milk Chocolate Covered Raspberry Flavored Marshmallow Heart on top of the cheesecake.
15. Let cheesecake cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate covered at least 4 hours or overnight.
Pans removed from oven will be extremely hot. Please use heat resistant oven mitts. Parental supervision is advised.